Chalk Talk – Episode 6 – School Spotlight: Growing a ProgramWhat do you do when your high school weight room is less than 400 square feet and in the back corner of a woodshop? If you are Mount Abraham High School, you roll up your sleeves and build a unified strength and conditioning program. Mount Abraham Physical Education and Athletics established a school-wide initiative and are now celebrating its successes. What starts as collaboration, culminates in student-athletes seeing long term benefits in fitness, performance and most importantly confidence. Read the Full Success Story of Mount Abraham Here
Part 1: Building a Program:
- Making the Weight Room a Priority (0:40-5:20)
- Supporting Coaches and Teachers (5:20-7:00)
- Safety for Students (7:00-8:30)
- Bridging the Gap Between PE and Athletics (8:30-10:20)
- Jackie’s School Spotlight Breakdown: Seeing Mount Abraham Grow: (11:00-14:20)
Part 2: Spotlights of Success, Stories to Grow From
- 8th Graders Building the Foundation (15:00-16:00)
- Off-Season Dedication for Football (16:00-18:36)
- Camaraderie in the Weight Room for Field Hockey and Baseball (18:36-20:20) Student Transfers: Skills Taken with Him (20:20-21:20)
- Goals, Thank You’s, and Final Thoughts (21:20-26:50)
Here’s how to make sure you never miss an episode:
- Rate & review us to tell us what you’re loving and help us to reach more listeners.
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to stay up to date on Chalk Talk updates. Use use #PLT4MChalkTalk to connect with us!