# 41 – The Clean – The What, Why, How of an OLY Lift
Some coaches look at ‘the clean’ and avoid it like the plague in all forms. Coach Bres defines what the clean is in all of its parts, so that we can start to talk about why and how the clean can be incorporated into high school strength and conditioning programs.
Part 1: Definitions and Variations
- The Clean as an Olympic Lift (0:00- 4:51)
- Defining the Starting and Receiving Position Of The Clean (4:51 -10:00)
- Why Use The Clean In Your Programs (10:00 -15:54)
- The Mystique Of Teaching The Clean (16:00 – 17:35)
- Why People Avoid The Clean – Valid Reasons For Not Using The Clean (17:35 – 22:40)
- To Teach The Clean – What Have You Done Before? -Hinge? Jump? Squat? (22:40 – 27:15)
Part 2: Starting To Actually Teach It
- PVC as a Drill and Introduction (27:15 – 30:43)
- Starting To Add The Bar (30:43 – 33:54)
- Starting at High Hang – ‘position 1’ (33:54 – 36:21)
- Expanding the movement from High Hang, Hang, From the Ground (36:21 – 40:10)
- “The Full Clean” – Not All Or Nothing (40:10 – 46:20)
Here’s how to make sure you never miss an episode:
- Rate & review us to tell us what you’re loving and help us to reach more listeners.
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to stay up to date on Chalk Talk updates. Use use #PLT4MChalkTalk to connect with us!
Have an idea or topic you would like us to cover? Feel free to send us along a suggestion!