Finding Routine During Covid-19[/vc_column_text][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/4″][vc_single_image image=”5745″ img_size=”medium”][/vc_column_inner][vc_column_inner width=”3/4″][vc_column_text]
- PE Teacher & Head Softball Coach at Pennfield High School
- Coaches Club Ambassador and Featured Contributor
- Check out Molly’s last article in this series of Covid 19 Content on Mindfulness
GIVE YOURSELF SOME SLACK…IT’S OKAY!During this time, there is no right or wrong; everyone’s situation is a little different. Currently, we are all in uncharted waters, but it doesn’t mean we have to put everything on hold. I’ll be the first to tell you how difficult it has been to stay in a routine. Not being at my home, at my physical place of work, being around my peers/mentors, etc. it’s different. I have my days to put things on the back burner, and binge watch my shows, or just have no motivation; I am human. Yet, I have to have my overall mindset be how instead of why. Adapt, stay sharp, and excel. Whether you are a teacher, coach, or student looking to get into some sort of routine, here are a few things I am working on myself:
TO DO LISTA great place to start is with a daily and weekly routine with a “to-do list.” Sunday, I make sure my calendar is up to date with tasks, meetings, deadlines, etc. Then before I go to bed, I write down my “to-do list” for the next day. If I write it down, the likelihood I will do it is much greater. It’s like positive self-talk…the more you say it more you will believe it. Whether or not a “to-do list” is something you like, I suggest three daily activities that can help to keep sharp and to excel. Every day I add in activity, something to better myself mentally, and to something to laugh/socialize. It varies from day to day what those three things look like, but each day has them. Here are some of my daily go tos and other ideas for those three categories. [/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
- Get outside -cold or sunshine!
- Workout- long or short
- Go for a walk/take your dog on a walk- long, short, or trails
- Mobility or Yoga
- Projects around the house.
- Play outside -playground or sport
- Mini breaks
SOMETHING TO BETTER YOURSELF MENTALLY DAILY
- Study (Yes, I’m studying.)
- Call/video with friends
- Watch a comedy -movie, tv show or stand up
- Social distance with friends or families
- Reminisce with past photos, videos, or stories.