Chalk Talk – Episode 71 – Cardio – What Is It Good For
Check out how PLT4M can partner with your school!
‘My lineman should not be running miles!’ ‘My sprinters are going for long slow runs – ah!’ We break down cardio and why it is an important part of a well-rounded training program.
- What Cardio Means To Us Conversationally (2:00)
- Take Out Max Speed – Talking ‘Conditioning’ Of The Heart (5:00)
- Benefits of Cardio – What It Relates To Performance Development (8:00)
- Inhibit Gains – 6 Seconds Sprints and The War On Cardio (13:00)
- Thinking About Big PIcture – Not Losing Focus Of Foundation (17:00)
- The Rigors Of Long Drawn Out Contest (22:00)
- Balancing Long Term Goals – The Program Roadmap (25:30)
- What About Heart Rate Monitors? (30:45)
- Light Cardio – Trying To Use Heart Rate To Determine Levels (37:00)
- We Do It For Strength Movements, You Could For Cardio, But Takes Time (43:00)
Here’s how to make sure you never miss an episode:
- Rate & review us to tell us what you’re loving and help us to reach more listeners.
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to stay up to date on Chalk Talk updates. Use use #PLT4MChalkTalk to connect with us!
Have an idea or topic you would like us to cover? Feel free to send us along a suggestion!