Chalk Talk – Episode 47 – The “Warm Up” – What, Why & How?
Come see how PLT4M can partner with your school!
‘We only have so much time, let’s skip the warm up!’ Before you go racing past the warm up, consider what it provides far past just getting ‘warm.’
Coach Bres talks about how the warm up is an integral part of your training, no matter how much time you have in a given session.
- Why Is Warm Up Important (1:40 – 5:00)
- ‘It Does Not Have To Take Forever’ – Finding Ways to Be Efficient (5:00 – 7:45)
- Make The Warm Up PART of your workout, not the precursor (7:45 – 10:30)
- Starting To Think The Actual Parts Of What The Start Of Your Workout Should Look Like (10:30 -11:00)
- Light Aerobic Movement (11:00 – 13:40)
- Dynamic Warm Up (13:40 – 17:20)
- Versions of Static Mobility (17:20 – 26:20)
- Activation (26:20 – 32:00)
- Working ROM (32:00 – 35:15)
- Getting Ready – Body Vs Movements (35:15 – 38:00)
- Perspective of What You Are Trying To Accomplish (38:00 – 43:13)
REFERENCE ON THE PODCAST:
Here’s how to make sure you never miss an episode:
- Rate & review us to tell us what you’re loving and help us to reach more listeners.
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to stay up to date on Chalk Talk updates. Use use #PLT4MChalkTalk to connect with us!
Have an idea or topic you would like us to cover? Feel free to send us along a suggestion!