Meet Nick Clements
- B.S. in Exercise Science from Truman State University
- M. Ed from Truman State University
- Currently in 1st year of teaching P.E./Health/Weight Training at Liberty High School (Lake St. Louis, MO.)
- Liberty High School Varsity Softball Coach (Lake St. Louis, MO.) (1 Year)
- Liberty High School Varsity Baseball Coach (Lake St. Louis, MO.) (1 Year)
- MOSHAPE 2019 Middle School P.E. Teacher of the Year
- Previously taught P.E. at Wentzville Middle School (Wentzville, MO.) for 5 years
# 35 – Positivity In PE – Feat. Nick Clements
Take on your teaching with energy and positivity! Don’t count down the days until school is over, instead make each and every day count.
We bring on a Nick Clements, Shape Teacher Of The Year, to talk about how establishing relationships and changing your verbiage can go a long way to a happy and healthy career of teaching.
Part 1: Power Of Positivity
- Becoming A Teacher – Meet Nick Clements (00:00 – 5:13)
- From Energy Stems Relationship Building – What is in a name? (5:13 – 8:00)
- Preparing Kids For Life – Importance Of Establishing Relationships (8:00 – 10:10)
- $86,400 – Take Away $600 – Throw Away The Rest? (10:10 – 12:00)
- Change Your Verbiage – ‘Have To’ Or ‘Get To’ (12:00 – 14:40)
- Praise Loudly, Critique Softly (14:40 – 19:51)
- Applications of Positivity Outside Of Class (19:51 – 23:05)
Part 2: Coaching and Teaching – Intertwined Professions
- Best Coaches – Great Teachers (23:05 – 25:50)
- Winning and Losing – Be The Same Person and Coach Learning Opportunities (25:50 – 29:03)
- Don’t Count Down The Days – Make The Days Count (29:03 – 31:40)
- Check out more from the PLT4M blog and keep up the good work #InPursuitOfBetter (31:40 – 32:56)
Here’s how to make sure you never miss an episode:
- Rate & review us to tell us what you’re loving and help us to reach more listeners.
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to stay up to date on Chalk Talk updates. Use use #PLT4MChalkTalk to connect with us!
Have an idea or topic you would like us to cover? Feel free to send us along a suggestion!