# 36 -The Off-Season – Thinking Big Picture
Every team looks at ‘winning the off-season’ as a means to their next in-season success. While a lot of teams will be chomping at the bit to get one rep maxes and go as hard as possible, Coach Bres joins the podcast to encourage coaches to think BIG PICTURE this off-season.
Part 1: Max Out or Ease In
- Rest, Dont Rush (0:00 – 5:00)
- Baseline Numbers – Not One Rep Maxes (5:00 – 9:00)
- Kids Come and Go – Thats Reality – Plan Accordingly (9:00 – 13:45)
- Adjust and Adapt Training Plans (13:45 – 15:56)
Part 2: The Off Season Balancing Act
- Size, Strength, Power, Speed – Trying To Do One At A Time Versus Blending All (15:56 – 20:11)
- ‘We Were Not (INSERT REACTIONARY ITEM)’ – Don’t Make Off-Season Plan Around The Reactionary (20:11 – 25:00)
- Culture – Getting Kids To Show Up (25:00 – 29:00)
- Training Frequency (29:00 – 31:18)
- Don’t Create Workouts – Create A Larger Plan (31:19 – 35:38)
Here’s how to make sure you never miss an episode:
- Rate & review us to tell us what you’re loving and help us to reach more listeners.
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to stay up to date on Chalk Talk updates. Use use #PLT4MChalkTalk to connect with us!
Have an idea or topic you would like us to cover? Feel free to send us along a suggestion!