Tyler Relph, named “Mr. Basketball” and was recruited to play in the Big East. In 2009 he was ready to take on the pros when a career ending injury made him discover his next passion while Coaching Division 1 at St Bonaventure. He fell in love with working with players and studying how to make players better! Tyler now works relentlessly to create and coach the best players in the world through his innovative skills training. Since then he’s trained more than 10,000 players, including Amare Stoudemire,Phil Pressey,Victor Oladipo, Marcus Smart,Phil Forte, Ridge Shipley, Julius Randle, Alexis Jones, Diamond DeShields, Tyler Davis , DJ Hogg, Karl Towns and worked with legendary coaches such as Billy Donavan, Avery Johnson, and John Lucas.
Chalk Talk – Episode 24 – Hoop Talk – Basketball Takeover with Tyler Relph
Tyler Relph, basketball trainer, has worked with every level athlete from middle school ballers up to NBA superstars like Julius Randle and Amar’e Stoudemire.
This basketball takeover is a free-flowing conversation about basketball, greatness, and what it takes to be elite.
Part 1: Work versus Hard Work
- Introduction to Tyler Relph (1:00-4:30)
- Every Person Learns Differently – Meet the Kid (4:30-9:20)
- The Hard Truth’s About Talent (9:20-13:30)
- When The Light Clicks (13:30-17:20)
- Lessons Learned From Sports – Difference Between Work and Hard Work (17:20-23:50)
Part 2: Specialization and Love For The Game
- Specialization of Sport (24:50-29:00)
- Hyper-Specialization (29:00- 32:30)
- The Emotional Side Of Buying In Unconditionally (32:30 – 37:30)
Here’s how to make sure you never miss an episode:
- Rate & review us to tell us what you’re loving and help us to reach more listeners.
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to stay up to date on Chalk Talk updates. Use use #PLT4MChalkTalk to connect with us!
Have an idea or topic you would like us to cover? Feel free to send us along a suggestion!