Chalk Talk – Episode 11: Post-Game Recovery
A lot of our focus is spent on practices, workouts, and competition, but what about recovery? Recovery is one of the most important factors when it comes to optimal performance, and we need to have a plan to prepare for when recovery will occur.
Coach Breslin and Coach Reno come on to today’s podcast to chat about recovery in a given day, week, and season to get the most out of our athletes’ hard work.
- Planning: Making time for recovery (0:40-5:20)
- After the game and the 24 Hour Window (5:20-10:55)
- Sleep and Foods Role in Recovery (10:55-14:20)
- Culture of Recovery-Make it Important (14:20-19:10)
- Adapt with Feedback from Athletes (19:10- 23:10)
- What am I doing to be best prepared? (23:10-27:00)
- Ability to Adjust Year over Year (27:00-33:15)
Want to see an example of some In-Season recovery options? Go download the full In-Season Training Guide today!
Here’s how to make sure you never miss an episode:
- Rate & review us to tell us what you’re loving and help us to reach more listeners.
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to stay up to date on Chalk Talk updates. Use use #PLT4MChalkTalk to connect with us!
Have an idea or topic you would like us to cover? Feel free to send us along a suggestion!