Chalk Talk – Episode # 92 – Recovery – Active, Passive, and Putting It All Together
Recovery takes on many different meanings in the lives of students. Some look at what they can do directly after a workout to be less sore or feel better throughout the day. Others look at recovery as a lens through which they consider how to eat or sleep.
And because recovery has a variety of context and definitions, we break it all down! What is passive recovery? What is active recovery? What can recovery actually do for any student, not just athletes in competition?
- What recovery is and how we can control it (2:00)
- The physiology behind stress of all kinds to the body (5:00)
- More is not always better – lack of recovery (12:00)
- What factors play in recovery (13:00)
- Repair, Refuel, and Replenish – Sleep and Nutrition (18:00)
- Part 2: Active Recovery (25:20)
- Foam Rolling / SMR / Massage (28:00)
- Static Stretching (37:00)
- Actual Cool Downs + Workouts (45:00)
- Active Recovery Sessions (50:00)
- Taking the whole day off versus doing SOMETHING (1:00:01)