Chalk Talk – Episode 69 – The Vert – Breaking Down A Crowd Favorite
Check out how PLT4M can partner with your school!
Where is the program that is going to make my vertical better? Where is your program designed for athletes who are jumping a lot?
Coaches and athletes want the program that makes the most sense for their sport….Coach Bres explains why we need not look further than a well rounded strength and conditioning program. The jump in basketball or volleyball is important, but what about all that surrounds that one specific movement in the sport.
- Talk To Me About Jump Programs! (1:00)
- Testing The Vert and Talking Power (4:26)
- Getting Better At The Jump – Not Really In A Vert Program (8:10)
- Strength, Speed, and Power Development – Generating Force (13:30)
- Capacity – Being Able To Jump When It Counts (18:00)
- The Merits Of Testing It – Also Balancing Considerations (21:00)
- Stacking Boxes – Breaking Down What A Box Jump Means For Vert…(Or Doesn’t) (25:00)
- Adding Load To Jumps – Does It Help Vert? (29:00)
- What Can We Add Load To That Will Help The Vertical? (34:00)
Here’s how to make sure you never miss an episode:
- Rate & review us to tell us what you’re loving and help us to reach more listeners.
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to stay up to date on Chalk Talk updates. Use use #PLT4MChalkTalk to connect with us!
Have an idea or topic you would like us to cover? Feel free to send us along a suggestion!