Chalk Talk – Episode 68 Schools Going Remote feat. Michael Horn
Check out how PLT4M can partner with your school!
Remote schooling has always been an option, but never the dominant one. Now, every school across the country is navigating remote and distance learning at a large scale.
Michael Horn has dedicated his life talking, researching, and working through disruptive education strategies and joins the podcast to discuss what schools going remote does, can, and should look like.
- Introduction To Michael Horn (1:00)
- Scaling Remote Learning (3:40)
- This is our best option right now – let’s make it work (5:51)
- Phases In Remote Learning Plan (9:00)
- Where Does PE Fall In All Of This – Back Off Or Move Forward (12:00)
- Fighting For Time – Avoiding The Compliance Mentality (17:00) This isn’t about compliance so that you can check a box and say you got your 30 minutes of PE, this is about setting a foundation for life.
- School Case Studies – Setting Up Structures (20:45)
- Empathy At An All Time High (25:11)
- What Do Kids Get From This – Map The Plan To Get There (29:40)
Here’s how to make sure you never miss an episode:
- Rate & review us to tell us what you’re loving and help us to reach more listeners.
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to stay up to date on Chalk Talk updates. Use use #PLT4MChalkTalk to connect with us!
Have an idea or topic you would like us to cover? Feel free to send us along a suggestion!