Chalk Talk – Episode 55 – Eccentric – All About The Negative[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner][vc_video link=”https://youtu.be/2M0ftx_YSic”][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_section][vc_row][vc_column][vc_separator][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
Come see how PLT4M can partner with your school![/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/3″][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][vc_btn title=”Request A Demo” link=”url:https%3A%2F%2Fplt4m.com%2Fwant-to-see-more%2F|title:Want%20to%20See%20More%3F||” el_class=”red_button”][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_separator][/vc_column][/vc_row][/vc_section][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Time under tension!? On this episode, we discuss considerations around ‘eccentric’ training. We first talk about the movements, build it into training, and then explore when and where it makes sense.
Part 1: Tempo and Movement
- One of the hardest topics to tackle! How Coach Bres found compelling research and results on both sides of the eccentric debate. (1:50)
- Defining eccentric and concentric MOVEMENTS (3:30)
- Starting to talk about training. We often think about tempo training. (7:00)
- Time changing, velocity constant. Talking about tempo in more detail (9:00)
- Most people are doing tempo training, even without numbers. The benefits of slow and in control. (13:00)
Part 2: Getting into Eccentric Training
- Equating things to time under tension. Trying to ‘go slow’ to increase work done. (16:00)
- Inducing strength or power gains vs. hypertrophy. Separating the two. (19:00)
- The difference between 5 reps at 80% and 5 reps at 80% slower….hypothetical versus practical. (20:00)
- Looking for muscle damage and hypertrophy (24:00)
- Some of the concerns around too much muscle damage (28:00)
- Positives of why you would incorporate eccentric into training. ‘You are stronger eccentrically than you are concentrically. (31:00)
- Tying up loose ends on the subject – summarizing benefits (36:00)
- Not having to ‘focus’ on eccentric as much as knowing it is in a well-rounded training program (40:00)
Here’s how to make sure you never miss an episode:
- Find and subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcast, Spotify, and more!
- Rate & review us to tell us what you’re loving and help us to reach more listeners.
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to stay up to date on Chalk Talk updates. Use use #PLT4MChalkTalk to connect with us!