CHALK TALK – EPISODE # 111 – Assessment – Part 2: What & Examples
Data, assessment, and testing have always been a part of strength and conditioning. In this two-part series, Coach Bres and Doug navigate the what, why, when, and how of assessment.
In part 1, we first define and outline the key differences between assessment and tests. Next, we break down the why and how of assessment in high school strength and conditioning. In part 2, we talk about assessing and using Coach Bres’s assessment battery as an example.
- Fitting Your Personal Goals & Situation (2:00)
- What Are You Assessing – The Different Buckets (3:45)
- Personal Data – Body Weight and Other Considerations (8:00)
- Completion Rate – Participation (10:00)
- Assessing Quality (13:00) Strength Assessments (13:45)
- Power (20:24) Capacity & Control (24:30)
- What About Mobility (28:00)
- Things We Left Out? (30:00)
- What is this all worth? (31:00)