Dr. Aaron Horschig
- Physical Therapist
- Strength and Conditioning Coach
- Speaker and Writer
- Author of The Squat Bible
His goal is to not only provide the highest quality rehabilitation to athletes who have sustained an injury, but to also help our sports medicine society become proactive in how we approach the athlete – both from a rehabilitation and training perspective.
When we realized there was someone as passionate about squat form and technique as we were…well we had to track him down. Dr. Aaron Horschig was kind enough to join the PLT4M team to talk about his big three: improve technique, decrease pain and increase performance.
Go check out more from Aaron at Squat University.
Part 1: Move Well First, Move Weight Second
- Introduction To Aaron Horschig – Sharing Knowledge (00:00- 5:24)
- Great Athletes Trying To Do Basics (5:25- 7:19)
- Battling Old School Culture – Living By The Numbers (7:20 – 13:04)
- Building Up Young Coaches – It Takes Injuries For Coaches To Get Smart (13:05 – 15:04)
- Screening Athletes – Where To Start – Shoes Off (15:05 – 22:44)
- Growth Spurts – Losing ROM – How To Address (22:45 – 27:29)
- Address Problems – Do Not Just Put Bandaids On (27:30 -28:24)
GO CHECK OUT @SQUATUNIVERSITY AND @PLT4M (28:25- 29:56)
Part 2: Shoes – Not Breaking The Bank
- Talking Shoes – Footwear In The Weight Room (29:57 – 33:19)
- Get Shoes Kids Can Use (33:20 – 36:10)
- What To Do On Your Own – Hang Out In Squat (36:11 – 38:40)
Here’s how to make sure you never miss an episode:
- Rate & review us to tell us what you’re loving and help us to reach more listeners.
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to stay up to date on Chalk Talk updates. Use use #PLT4MChalkTalk to connect with us!
Have an idea or topic you would like us to cover? Feel free to send us along a suggestion!