Chalk Talk – Episode 8: GameDay Lifts vs. Lifting on Game DayIt is game day and just a few hours before the big competition. Time to lift? While some coaches are jumping into “Game Day Lifts”, Coach Breslin and Coach Reno suggest we take a step back and think about what our goal is. This episode breaks down everything from when to lift, when not to lift, and why pre-game prep does not mean we need a barbell in our hands. Check out our full article on Game Day Lifts written by Coach Reno.
Podcast HighlightsPart 1: What Are Game Day Lifts?
- Game Day Lifts vs Lifting on Game Day(0:30-7:00)
- What is PAP? (7:00-12:14)
- What is actually happening? Advantages and Disadvantages (12:14-17:16)
- Game Day Prep: Getting Loose and Feeling Good (18:00-22:30)
- PE Class on Game Day-What do with In Season Athletes (22:30- 28:00)
- Identifying Priorities in the Weight Room-Not All About Intensity (28:00- 30:25)
- Pre-Game Warm Up…the Real PAP (30:25-34:52)
Here’s how to make sure you never miss an episode:
- Find and subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcast, Spotify, and more!
- Rate & review us to tell us what you’re loving and help us to reach more listeners.
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to stay up to date on Chalk Talk updates. Use use #PLT4MChalkTalk to connect with us!