Chalk Talk – Episode 53 – Weight Belts[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner][vc_video link=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43yT6WlzrZ0″][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_section][vc_row][vc_column][vc_separator][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
Come see how PLT4M can partner with your school![/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/3″][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][vc_btn title=”Request A Demo” link=”url:https%3A%2F%2Fplt4m.com%2Fwant-to-see-more%2F|title:Want%20to%20See%20More%3F||” el_class=”red_button”][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_separator][/vc_column][/vc_row][/vc_section][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]To wear a weight belt, to not wear a weight belt, that is the question! Lots of times when things get heavy, we just naturally go to grab a weight belt. But should we? Listen to this podcast before your athletes race to strap up before the next big lift.
- Reach out to us at PLT4M.com (0:20)
- Weight belts – what are they good for? Why have they just become second nature when things start to get heavy in the weight room? (1:30)
- Where it all started – way back when (3:50)
- Part of the culture, but no real reason that people could put their finger on (5:00)
- Injury Prevention or increased performance? (7:00)
- Movements people use belts (8:20)
- Intra abdominal pressure – keeping the core strong and a neutral spine (9:30)
- Sucking you gut in – defeating the point of the weight belt (10:30)
- Be careful of intra abdominal pressure – spike in blood pressure (13:00)
- Actual outcomes of wearing a belt -maximum strength + bar speed in strength movements(16:00)
- Training with proper technique – forcing engagement and intention (19:00)
- Reach out to us! We cannot stress enough we want to hear from you!!! (21:00)
- What we know and how it starts to apply to our high school students (23:00)
- Injury Prevention – Protecting your back is somewhat a myth (25:30)
- Don’t practice bracing with one thing, that won’t be there in future (28:40)
- The culture component – getting excited and using belts (30:30)
- Is it worth the investment (32:30)
Here’s how to make sure you never miss an episode:
- Rate & review us to tell us what you’re loving and help us to reach more listeners.
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to stay up to date on Chalk Talk updates. Use use #PLT4MChalkTalk to connect with us!