Chalk Talk – Episode 51 – Power Training – What, Why & How?[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner][vc_video link=”https://youtu.be/1v65a-yV64I”][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_section][vc_row][vc_column][vc_separator][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
Come see how PLT4M can partner with your school![/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/3″][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][vc_btn title=”Request A Demo” link=”url:https%3A%2F%2Fplt4m.com%2Fwant-to-see-more%2F|title:Want%20to%20See%20More%3F||” el_class=”red_button”][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_separator][/vc_column][/vc_row][/vc_section][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]A combination of strength and speed? Sign me up. Just about any coach is interested in developing power within their athletes, but before you go adopt the next ‘POWER’ program be sure to listen to this podcast to consider all the variables in strength and conditioning.
PART 1: Strength and Speed
- We reference a lot of other podcasts we have done. Go check them out here: ALL PODCASTS
- Athletic Performance training. What coaches are looking for when wanting to improve POWER (1:00)
- Power = Force x Velocity (Strength and Speed) (3:45)
- Power Training is not mutually exclusive of Strength Training – Looking at the spectrum (5:45)
- Expressed Through Movements – All the exercises and movements that could encompass what we are talking about (7:30)
- High Intensity Versus Low Intensity – Peak and Capacity (10:30)
- Force Velocity Curve – Check out the graphic (13:00)
- Doing Just Power – Not so useful. Benefits of working strength and power together (14:30)
Part 2: FAQ
- Ask us questions! We want to hear from you (20:15)
- How do we test this all? Looking to measure if we are moving in the right direction? (21:31)
- Starting to look back at the rep ranges (27:00)
- Tracking bar speed – velocity based training and its application at the high school level (30:00)
- Why does this matter to athletic performance – starting to wrap up (34:15)
- Consider all of the elements that should incorporate a program (37:15)
Here’s how to make sure you never miss an episode:
- Rate & review us to tell us what you’re loving and help us to reach more listeners.
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to stay up to date on Chalk Talk updates. Use use #PLT4MChalkTalk to connect with us!