# 43 – Supplements – Part 1: Protein
Student-athletes excited about training often turn to supplements for a competitive edge. Before your student-athletes go buy the next tub of protein, Coach Bres encourages us to ask some simple questions. What is your diet like? How much sleep are you getting?
Chalk Talk gives the honest and fair shake on the conversation around protein supplements!
- Wanting to find an edge (2:30 – 4:20)
- Supplementation is not evil. But we need to talk about it! (4:20 – 10:00)
- Tubs of Protein – “Coach I want to add muscle mass!” (10:00 – 15:00)
- Bigger Picture Of Diets – Where to Start (15:00 – 18:00)
- Quick and Easy Aspect of Protein Shake – On the go! (18:00 – 21:30)
- Considerations Of The Label (21:30 – 25:00)
- Is Too Much Protein A Thing? (25:00 – 29:37)
Check out Part 2 – Creatine: https://youtu.be/Gz9vAa96bBs
Check Out Part 3 – Pre Workout: https://youtu.be/3ZNurU5Gk-c
Want to learn more about how PLT4M could partner with your school?
Here’s how to make sure you never miss an episode:
- Rate & review us to tell us what you’re loving and help us to reach more listeners.
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to stay up to date on Chalk Talk updates. Use use #PLT4MChalkTalk to connect with us!
Have an idea or topic you would like us to cover? Feel free to send us along a suggestion!