Meet Jessica Shawley
- Shape America National Teacher of the Year
- National Board Certified (NBCT) Physical Education Teacher
- Masters of Education in Curriculum and Instruction from University of Idaho
- Nationally recognized educational speaker and professional development trainer (currently serving on the Shape America Physical Education Council)
- Check out Jessica’s full article of Grant Funding here: Full Article
Part 1: Grant Writing – All The Moving Parts to Consider
Introduction to Jessica Shawley (0:00 – 3:00)
Circumstances Of School Funding – ‘Grant writing is always on the tables’ (3:00 – 5:20)
Enhancing Your Program Know What You Want – It’s Not Just About Collecting Things (5:20 – 7:20)
Shape, State, and Places To Look For Grants (7:20 -12:45)
It Takes A Village – Work With Your Administrators and Fellow Teachers (12:45 – 15:00)
Grant Writing Is More Work – Set Up The System and It Gets Easier (15:00 – 21;15)
Part 2: Benefits Of Being Involved
Support One Another – Family Of A Profession (22:05 – 25:10)
‘Go-Tos’ in PE For Jessica Shawley (25:10 – 27:10)
What Are You Looking For In A Conference – So Much Variety (27:10 – 29:34)
Specific Examples From A Conference (29:34 -30:42)
Paying Out Of Pocket As A Teacher – How To Handle The Costs (30:42 – 32:55)
Thanks To Jessica Shawley and Final Thoughts: Start A Conversation About PE! (32:55 – 34:10)
Here’s how to make sure you never miss an episode:
- Find and subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcast, Spotify, and more!
- Rate & review us to tell us what you’re loving and help us to reach more listeners.
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to stay up to date on Chalk Talk updates. Use use #PLT4MChalkTalk to connect with us!