- Brunswick High School Director of Strength and Conditioning
- Physical Education Teacher
- Full Bio Included Below
Chalk Talk – Episode 22 – Buy-In…In PE – feat. Travis Lombardozzi“To get a high school strength coach job, you might want to consider getting an education degree as well.” This is what a young Travis Lombardazzi was told as he was finishing up his exercise science degree. Travis took this same two-pronged approach to build a high school strength program at Brunswick High School in Ohio. Build buy-in through PE and grow from there.
Part 1: Growing A Program – Step By Step
- From ‘football run’ to a school-wide approach (1:20-3:30)
- Getting teams to train year-round, utilize the space we have (3:30-6:00)
- Building the buy-in- AD, Coaches, Athletes, Community (6:00-7:56)
- It started with teaching and kids started to talk (7:56-9:50)
- Communication with coaches, getting kids into class (9:50-13:06)
- Keeping teams together, creating identity (13:06-15:30)
- Kids take notice of coaches showing up (15:30-17:10
Part 2: Female Buy-In and Community Building
- Giving everyone the same attention, make the weight room welcoming (18:20-21:20)
- Changing the identity of the weight room-feel uncomfortable from your workout, feel comfortable showing up (21:20-24:30)
- Getting Buy-In and Belief (24:30-26:50)
- Benefits of booster clubs – fostering the community (26:50-30:10)
Here’s how to make sure you never miss an episode:
- Rate & review us to tell us what you’re loving and help us to reach more listeners.
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to stay up to date on Chalk Talk updates. Use use #PLT4MChalkTalk to connect with us!