Chalk Talk – Episode 14: Controlled Chaos: Managing A High School Weight Room
In some circles, the controlled chaos of a high school weight room could be considered theater. There are bodies everywhere and only so much space and equipment.
While managing it all may seem daunting, Coach Breslin and Coach Reno put us at ease and encourage some best practices when it comes to staying organized this school year!
Part 1: Managing Time and Space
- Crowded Weight Room? Be Flexible and Manage Expectations (1:00-4:00)
- Less is More – Education first OVER getting everything done just for the sake of it (4:00-8:45)
- Set the Stage – Let Students Know What is Coming (8:45-11:35)
- Creativity in Tight Spaces (11:35-14:40)
- 4 Racks, 50 Minutes…How Do I Make It Work? (15:05-21:42)
- Come Prepared as a Student: Weight Room Management Made Easier (21:42-25:25)
Part 2: Different Programs Under Control
- One Size Fits All? Not in Fitness (26:25-30:46)
- Making Different Programs Available (30:46-33:17)
- Breaking Down Goals, Needs and Being OKAY With Adjustments (33:17-37:19)
Want to check out the live taping of this episode? Go check out the video here: Controlled Chaos (CHALK TALK LIVE)
Here’s how to make sure you never miss an episode:
- Rate & review us to tell us what you’re loving and help us to reach more listeners.
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to stay up to date on Chalk Talk updates. Use use #PLT4MChalkTalk to connect with us!
Have an idea or topic you would like us to cover? Feel free to send us along a suggestion!