Chalk Talk – Episode# 96 – Bilateral vs. Unilateral
A bilateral exercise is one that uses two limbs to drive a movement. A unilateral exercise is one that uses one limb to drive an exercise. Past the definitions, Coach Bres and Doug discuss the pros and cons of bilateral vs. unilateral training and help make sense of the ever-growing debate. While our episodes have typically been about an hour-long, we are shortening things up!
Over the next series of episodes, we will take a closer look at more specific topics and shoot for about 20-minute snippets! Let us know if there is anything you want to hear us discuss!
- Bilateral vs Unilateral – Definitions (1:00)
- Why bilateral? – Arguments For….(2:40)
- The train of thought for all bi-lateral (6:00)
- Why Unilateral (7:40)
- Loading Considerations (11:30)
- Important to understand – different approaches and outcomes (15:00)
- Most people agree….it is important to do both (15:30)