Chalk Talk – Episode # 86 – Heart Rate In P.E. – Zones, Wearables, & Tracking
Heart rate data has become a metric that has a lot of people interested and asking questions! We decided to break down some of the guiding concepts and ideas behind heart rate zones and wearables that have become the prevailing discussion within Physical Education and Athletics.
Lots of data, lots to talk about! As always, please feel free to let us know what you think! Have more questions? Want Coach Bres and Doug to talk about something in particular? Let us know!
- Feedback from ‘wearables’ – tracking data (2:00)
- Monitoring your hearts activity (4:30)
- The heart rate zones – defining baselines and maximum heart rate (8:00)
- The highly individual nature of heart rates (11:00)
- Using heart rates as a guiding principles – the ballpark (16:00)
- The 5 heart rate zones – detailed description of all 5 (19:42)
- How this all applies to PE (34:00)
- Heart rate plays a role in exercise, but not the only thing (39:00)
- The high level data that heart rate monitors can give us (43:00)
- Coach Bres has a wearable…why? (48:00)