Chalk Talk – Episode 75 – Remote Summer Workouts – Embracing The Challenge
Check out how PLT4M can partner with your school!
Summer training might look a little (or a lot different) for most programs this year. Coach Bres has run a summer program for over a decade, and is actually looking at this summer as an exciting and fun challenge. We talk about how many of the ways we build community and culture still exist at home. We then take a deeper dive into the actual training programs to help athletes get better over the summer.
Part 1: Team Building From A Distance
- What Summer Training Looks Like – Big Goals? (1:30)
- Developing Not Just Athletes – But Teams (4:50)
- Weekly Challenges – Getting Excited About Pillars (9:50)
- You Can Do So Much Remotely – We Can Still Accomplish Goals (14:40)
- Social Media and Keeping Kids Engaged (20:00)
- Having A Plan – Ready For In Person and Remote (24:15)
Part 2: The Programming
- Can You Still Get Everything Done Without ‘A Weight Room’? (27:00)
- More Time In This Situation (30:00)
- Loading Up – Finding ‘Heavy’ Or Anything Else With What You Have (34:00)
- Volume – Understanding What That Means At Home (36:00)
- Looking At A Day In Athletic Performance (40:00)
- Tempo & Contrast Training (45:30)
- Long Term Planning (50:00)
- Athletes Can Go Wrong – Coaches Can Embrace It (55:00)
Here’s how to make sure you never miss an episode:
- Rate & review us to tell us what you’re loving and help us to reach more listeners.
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to stay up to date on Chalk Talk updates. Use use #PLT4MChalkTalk to connect with us!
Have an idea or topic you would like us to cover? Feel free to send us along a suggestion!