Chalk Talk – Episode 74 – Relationship Building feat. Alan Stein Jr.
Check out how PLT4M can partner with your school!
Alan Stein Jr. is more than just a keynote speaker and well known author…he is a fantastic podcast guest. Alan joins Chalk Talk to discuss building relationships with athletes, coaches, and parents and shares some of his key insights from the best in basketball and business.
- Molly Collins shares her experiences knowing Alan Stein Jr. (1:30)
- Introduction To Alan Stein Jr – In His Own Words (3:40)
- Years Of Life Experiences – Talking His Way In To Montrose Christian (7:30)
- Using Sport As Avenue To Be A Better Person (12:20)
- Loving Your Athletes (15:20)
- The Cause Of Low Performance – Excuses, Blaming, & Complaining (21:00)
- Setting Expectations – Talking To Parent Example (24:30)
- We Don’t Want Combative Relationships With Parents (28:10)
- Building The Right Structure For Athletes To Succeed (33:00)
- Fundamentals Like Actively Listening, Greater Than X’s & O’s (36:00)
- Mastering The Basics (39:00) Routines Are Everything (43:46)
- The Coach K Story – A Simple Thank You (48:00)
Here’s how to make sure you never miss an episode:
- Rate & review us to tell us what you’re loving and help us to reach more listeners.
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to stay up to date on Chalk Talk updates. Use use #PLT4MChalkTalk to connect with us!
Have an idea or topic you would like us to cover? Feel free to send us along a suggestion!