Chalk Talk – Episode 65 – Lactic Acid – Debunking The Myth[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner][vc_video link=”https://youtu.be/yd3oYXUIa5c”][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_section][vc_row][vc_column][vc_separator][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
Check out how PLT4M can partner with your school![/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/3″][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][vc_btn title=”Request A Demo” link=”url:https%3A%2F%2Fplt4m.com%2Fwant-to-see-more%2F|title:Want%20to%20See%20More%3F||” el_class=”red_button”][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_separator][/vc_column][/vc_row][/vc_section][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Feel the burn! Flush it out! These are all things coaches have used when talking about ‘lactic acid.’ Coach Bres helps to separate the differences between lactic acid and lactate and how they do or do not relate to our training.
- Starting To Talk About Lactic Acid…what even is it? (2:00)
- Talking about LACTATE – Not The Waste Product (7:00)
- The Lactate Shuttle – Talking About Fuel Sources (11:00)
- The Michael Phelps Example – Different Bodies Ability To Keep Up With Energy Demands (15:00)
- Genetics versus Training – Fuel and Ability To Use Lactate (18:00)
- “Flushing It Out” – Debunking The Myth (21:00)
- Light Activity And How It Relates To “Flushing” (24:00)
- Talking About Thresholds – Aerobic, Anaerobic, & Lactate (28:00)
- Working On The Big Picture (36:00)
- Doug Tries To Summarize – Talking Lactate, Cycling, Hydrogen Ions Leads To Feeling The Burn (38:30)
- Bres Summarizes – Separate Lactic Acid and Lactate (41:00)
Here’s how to make sure you never miss an episode:
- Rate & review us to tell us what you’re loving and help us to reach more listeners.
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to stay up to date on Chalk Talk updates. Use use #PLT4MChalkTalk to connect with us!
- A.Brooks, George. “The Science and Translation of Lactate Shuttle Theory.” Cell Metabolism, https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1550413118301864. Accessed 4 April. 2020.
- Pubmeddev. Lactic Acid and Exercise Performance : Culprit or Friend? – PubMed – NCBI. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16573355. Accessed 4 Aug. 2020.
- “Rehabilitating Lactate: From Poison to Cure: Once Thought to Cause Muscle Fatigue, It’s Now Being Investigated as a Treatment for Disease.” ScienceDaily, 23 May 2018, https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/05/180523145845.htm.
- Joshua J Todd, Lactate: valuable for physical performance and maintenance of brain function during exercise, Bioscience Horizons: The International Journal of Student Research, Volume 7, 2014, hzu001, https://doi.org/10.1093/biohorizons/hzu001
- Kashubara, Ken. “Lactic Acid Does Not Cause Muscle Soreness – Track & Field News.” Track & Field News, 2 Jan. 2019, https://trackandfieldnews.com/track-coach/lactic-acid-does-not-cause-muscle-soreness/.
- Joyner, Michael. “Why Lactic Acid Is Actually Fuel for Your Body.” Sports Illustrated, 21 July 2016, https://www.si.com/edge/2016/07/21/debunking-myths-lactic-acid-truth-fatigue-recovery-muscle-soreness.
- Kravitz, L. (2005). Lactate: Not guilty as charged. IDEA Fitness Journal, 2(6), 23-25. https://www.unm.edu/~lkravitz/Article%20folder/lactate.html. Accessed 4 Sept. 2020.