Chalk Talk – Episode 59 – The DOMs – All Things Muscle Soreness[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner][vc_video link=”https://youtu.be/XnFD48Vp1gg”][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_section][vc_row][vc_column][vc_separator][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
Come see how PLT4M can partner with your school![/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/3″][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][vc_btn title=”Request A Demo” link=”url:https%3A%2F%2Fplt4m.com%2Fwant-to-see-more%2F|title:Want%20to%20See%20More%3F||” el_class=”red_button”][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_separator][/vc_column][/vc_row][/vc_section][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]We all know that feeling in our muscles after a great workout. It could be a few minutes, few hours, or even a few days later, but gosh can your muscles be sore! Coach Bres breaks down what the DOMs is, is not, and what we can do when we start to feel that soreness ourselves!
- Familiar with feeling sore? What is going on inside the body? (2:00)
- The effect on NEW athletes versus experienced lifters (5:00)
- What people are saying about the DOMs – What is going on? Why does it feel this way? (6:00)
- Trying to flush out the DOMs (13:30)
- Pain decrease, inflammation increase? (16:00)
- No pain, no gain? Or can we do things differently to get a good workout in? (21:30)
- When you first start out, the DOMs can feel more intense. So we associate it with the good results we get as we get into training (24:00)
- How do we think about ‘preventing’ or mitigating the DOMs? (28:00)
- If you think you like to use it in your weekly plan – then use it! Science is not absolute, so rely on the practical application (35:20)
- Heat and Cold? (38:00)
- Is being sore going into a workout a bad thing? (42:00)
Here’s how to make sure you never miss an episode:
- Rate & review us to tell us what you’re loving and help us to reach more listeners.
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to stay up to date on Chalk Talk updates. Use use #PLT4MChalkTalk to connect with us!