CHALK TALK – EPISODE # 112 – Speed & Agility Feat. Ricky Igbani
Ricky Igbani was a three-sport high school athlete who competed on the football, track, and baseball teams. Taking his talents to college, he successfully played baseball and track throughout his career. As his education wrapped up, a lightbulb went off about the opportunities he could have working with students and athletes himself.
From this original thought in his college dorm room, Ricky got started and has never looked back. Ricky is an accomplished teacher, coach, and mentor for students and athletes all across the greater Boston area. From his time as a PE teacher to creating new opportunities for high-achieving athletes, Ricky has always made a difference on and off the field.
Now Ricky has created his own company called IJE and is working with PLT4M to make the very best educational speed & agility content. Ricky seems to always be on the move!
On this episode of Chalk Talk, we talk about Ricky’s journey and get into the weeds of speed and agility. Check out the full blog for more of the content that we reference throughout the show.
- Meet Ricky Igbani (1:00)
- Where Did It All Start (2:45)
- The PE Teacher – Functional Fitness (4:30)
- UAP – Urban Athlete Project (6:00)
- IJE – Formed From Covid (8:00)
- Speed & Agility – Starting With Technique (9:30)
- The Butt Kicker Examples (10:30)
- Speaking Speed & Agility – Terminology (12:00)
- Stop & Reset – Get Aligned (13:30)
- The Total Athlete – For All Athletes (15:00)
- The Mind Body Connection (16:30)
- What Comes Next (18:00)