[vc_row][vc_column width=”1/4″][vc_single_image image=”7958″ img_size=”medium”][/vc_column][vc_column width=”3/4″][vc_column_text]
Trent Clausen, Conestoga Jr-Sr High School (NE)
- PE Teacher
- Strength & Conditioning Coordinator
- Head Football Coach
- Powerlifting Coach
Chalk Talk – Episode 50 – Intro to S&C feat. Trent Clausen[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
Every freshman takes Intro to S+C at Conestoga High School with Trent Clausen. Coach Clausen creates a welcoming environment designed to set students up for long term success. Check out his article breaking down 5 tips for running an Intro to S+C class.
Introduction To Trent Clausen (0:00 – 2:08)
- Every Freshmen at Conestoga – How important that initial introduction is. Helping students feel comfortable and confident in the weight room. (2:08 – 3:20)
- Instant Activities – Get on your feet and get moving around. Warming up to the class and for class. “Getting out of desk mode” (3:20 – 4:20)
- Terminology In The Weight Room – Movements Over Muscles – Understanding Joints and Range Of Motion (4:20 – 6:45)
- Sorting Kids Into Different Groups – Student Choice and Who Needs Help (6:45 – 8:30)
- Helping With Cues – Always The Hinge – Spinal Movement and Hip Flexion (8:30 – 10:15)
- Getting Into Olympic Lifts – Force Absorption – Body Moving As One (10:15 – 11:15)
- What Trent follows as a squat progression (11:15 – 11:45)
- Determining When It Is Okay To Move On – Does it look safe? (11:45 – 13:20 )
- Movements Over Maxes – Landmine Progression (13:20 – 15:20)
- Help Students Understand A Good Program – The End Goal Of Class (15:20 – 17:50)
- Last Tips and Tricks From Trent (18:30 – 21:10)
Check out how Physical Education and Athletic Departments partner with PLT4M![/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/3″][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][vc_btn title=”Request A Demo” link=”url:https%3A%2F%2Fplt4m.com%2Fwant-to-see-more%2F|title:Want%20to%20See%20More%3F||” el_class=”red_button”][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_separator][/vc_column][/vc_row][/vc_section][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
Here’s how to make sure you never miss an episode:
- Find and subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcast, Spotify, and more!
- Rate & review us to tell us what you’re loving and help us to reach more listeners.
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to stay up to date on Chalk Talk updates. Use use #PLT4MChalkTalk to connect with us!