# 39 – Speed and AgilityIt seems to be everyone’s favorite training topic, yet some struggle for an exact definition. We define and discuss speed and agility in it’s most pure form. And then, we go into what to consider for teaching Speed and Agility to high school student-athletes. Coach Bres breaks down, how, like anything else, Speed and Agility needs to be taught in it’s most basic form before anyone starts to think about the sexiest new cone or ladder drill.
Part 1: What is Speed? What is Agility?
- Speed and Agility – The Full Packaged Product (0:00 – 2:55)
- Defining ‘Speed’ – ‘the skill and ability to accelerate and reach high movement velocities’ (2:55 – 5:18)
- Defining ‘Agility’ – ‘the skill and ability to change movement direction, velocity, or modes in response to a stimulus (5:18 – 10:40)
- Training Speed – Sprint, Strength and Power (10:40 – 20:50)
- Training Agility – Teach It First (20:50 – 26:55)
Want to see how your athletes can develop their Speed and Agility through PLT4M’s training programs?[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/3″][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][vc_btn title=”Request A Demo” link=”url:https%3A%2F%2Fwww.plt4m.com%2Fwant-to-see-more%2F|title:Want%20to%20See%20More%3F||” el_class=”red_button”][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/3″][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_separator][/vc_column][/vc_row][/vc_section][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
Part 2: Equipment and Myths
- The S+C in Agility (27:40 – 30:40)
- Ladders and Cones – What Are They Good For? (30:40 – 36:20)
- Reaching Potential in Speed and Agility – Best Version or Overselling? (36:20 – 40:40)
Here’s how to make sure you never miss an episode:
- Find and subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcast, Spotify, and more!
- Rate & review us to tell us what you’re loving and help us to reach more listeners.
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to stay up to date on Chalk Talk updates. Use use #PLT4MChalkTalk to connect with us!