[vc_row][vc_column][vc_custom_heading text=”Chalk Talk – Episode 27 – Maxes, Percentages, & Worksets – Programming Weights” font_container=”tag:h4|text_align:left” use_theme_fonts=”yes”][vc_column_text]
Maxes, and Percentages, and Worksets, Oh My! We discuss all of the considerations that go into prescribing appropriate weights and reps to athletes throughout training.
Check out Coach Jeff Lindeman’s article mentioned in the podcast.
Part 1: High School Athletes – Know Your Audience
- Resistance Training – Percentage Approach vs Rep Ranges (1:00 – 7:00)
- Efficiency In Weight Room – Giving Basic Guidelines With Maxes (7:00 – 12:20)
- Goal For The Day – Being Clear and Communicate To Athletes (12:20 -18:30)
- APRE – Autoregulated Progressive Resistance Exercises (18:30 -25:00)
Part 2: The Deadlift
- The King Of All Strength Exercises, That Being Said…Know Your Audience ( 26:00 – 30:00)
- Easier To Keep Kids In Check, Limit DL Weight (30:00 – 34:00)
- Start Somewhere In Programming, But Have Structure Not A Blank Slate (34:00 – 36:16)
Here’s how to make sure you never miss an episode:
- Find and subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcast, Spotify, and more!
- Rate & review us to tell us what you’re loving and help us to reach more listeners.
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to stay up to date on Chalk Talk updates. Use use #PLT4MChalkTalk to connect with us!