Chalk Talk – Episode 19 – Jump Into PlyosEveryone high school athlete wants to have the biggest and best vertical. Plyometrics are the only way to work on that right? Coach Breslin and Coach Reno JUMP in on the plyo discussion and talk about what a well-rounded strength and conditioning program can do for an athlete’s jumping.
Part 1: Plyometrics Defined
- Jump Training: What is Plyometrics? (0:40-6:53)
- All the Different Types of Plyos (6:53-10:14)
- Examples of Plyos in Programming (10:14-14:50)
Part 2: Plyo FAQ
- What about a Plyo only Program? (15:24-22:54)
- What about “Upper Body Plyos?” (22:54-25:07)
- What about adding in “Resistance Bands?” (25:07-30:40)
- Moving Through Space (30:40-33:24)
- What about Plyo Boxes? (34:00-42:00)
Here’s how to make sure you never miss an episode:
- Rate & review us to tell us what you’re loving and help us to reach more listeners.
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to stay up to date on Chalk Talk updates. Use use #PLT4MChalkTalk to connect with us!