Chalk Talk – Episode 79 – Return To Play – Easing Back In
Check out how PLT4M can partner with your school!
As we approach returning to the weight room or training with our athletes in general there is a lot of uncertainty. How should we approach adjusting athletes weights? How should we make sure people are safely lifting with or without spotters?
There is so much to unpack, which is why Coach Bres does his best to give insights and a bit of guidance to the physical and technical sides of returning to the weight room.
- Easing People Back In Physically (1:30)
- “We always know a kid who has not anything on day one, should not go into 100% effort” (3:00)
- Trying to play catch up is not the way to go. (5:00)
- Know what you have done at home, and what has been missed. (7:20)
- Cutting Maxes – Letting Them Build Back Up Over 4 Weeks (9:30)
- Adjusting Weights Over A Session & Sessions (12:00)
- Let Me Watch – Be Conservative Of What People Have Done (13:00)
- How Would I Ramp Any Kid Up? (15:00)
- What About Volume Of A Workout (15:30)
- Advantage Of Less Athletes In Weight Room – Can Get Better Look (19:30)
Part 2 – Phases Of Re-Entry State
- By State Mandates – Get To Know Your Outline (24:00)
- Understand What Is Being Asked Of You As Coaches (27:00)
- Spotting – Handling Safety Concerns (30:30)
- Concerns About Wearing Masks & Exercise (34:00)
- Wiping Down – Get Yourself Wipes Now (37:30)
- Communicating Before Even Getting Into Weight Room (41:00)
- New To Everyone – Trying Not To Doubt Ourselves (43:30)
Here’s how to make sure you never miss an episode:
- Rate & review us to tell us what you’re loving and help us to reach more listeners.
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to stay up to date on Chalk Talk updates. Use use #PLT4MChalkTalk to connect with us!
Have an idea or topic you would like us to cover? Feel free to send us along a suggestion!