Chalk Talk – Episode 67 – Bodyweight Training – Adaptations & Considerations
Check out how PLT4M can partner with your school!
Everyone at home has a chance to ‘dial it in’ for their bodyweight movement patterns. This episode discusses not only the basics of bodyweight training, but how scaling and variety exist in bodyweight exercises much like any other barbell or dumbbell movement.
- Stuck At Home – The Opportunity To ‘Dial It In’ (2:00)
- Think About Where We Start? The Merits of Body Weight (6:20)
- Variations Within Body Weight – The Pressing Example (11:00)
- The Push Up & All The Options (14:00)
- Starting To Talk Specifics – Strength (17:00) Power Examples (20:00)
- Hypertrophy – Total Work Done (24:00)
- Stability, Mobility, Coordination (28:00)
- Benefits Of Variety (34:00)
- Talking About ‘Competition Athletes’ & The Reason We All Can Train The Big Picture (39:00)
Here’s how to make sure you never miss an episode:
- Rate & review us to tell us what you’re loving and help us to reach more listeners.
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to stay up to date on Chalk Talk updates. Use use #PLT4MChalkTalk to connect with us!
Have an idea or topic you would like us to cover? Feel free to send us along a suggestion!