Chalk Talk – Episode 63 – Stretching – The Great Debate
Check out how PLT4M can partner with your school!
Stretching is something that has been around for thousands of years, but in the last decade the practice has come under some scrutiny. On this episode, Coach Bres breaks down why we do it both for our physical and mental benefits, as well as important considerations on when to do it.
- Stretching has been around forever – Yoga and more. (1:00)
- Is stretching good for anything? (4:30)
- What happens when you do it long term? – Flexibility and other benefits doing it often. (8:40)
- The Mental components of allowing yourself to stretch – Mental & Emotional Responses (11:30)
- When is the best time to do it? (15:00)
- Doing It Before – Keeping Holds below 60 Seconds (19:45)
- For Recovery? Or What else is going on if you do it after a workout (22:50)
- Sometimes if you don’t put it in a session, you. might lose out (26:50)
- Relax and Reset (29:20)
- Myth: Does stretching end up stretching out your muscles? (33:00)
- Making it a part of your larger program (36:35)
Here’s how to make sure you never miss an episode:
- Rate & review us to tell us what you’re loving and help us to reach more listeners.
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to stay up to date on Chalk Talk updates. Use use #PLT4MChalkTalk to connect with us!
Have an idea or topic you would like us to cover? Feel free to send us along a suggestion!