‘I want my team to be the best conditioned group around!’ What does that really mean when we start to consider all the different types of conditioning?
Coach Bres breaks down the 3 energy systems and how they relate to performance for high school student athletes.
Part 1: Gain, Pain and Sustain – Big Three
- ATP For Power Output (0:00 – 4:20)
- Phosphocreatine – Explosive – Gain (4:20 – 6:35)
- Glycolytic – High Intensity – Pain (6:35 – 10:45)
- Aerobic – Edurance Intensive – Sustain (10:45 – 13:30)
- Concept of Conditioning – Effort or Training Energy Systems (13:30 – 17:04)
- What Does It Look Like – Work to Rest, And Take Into Goals (17:04 – 25:02)
Part 2: Working Together, Not Apart
- Combining Different Energy Systems, And Training To Fit That (25:02 – 31:12)
- Aerobic Is The Base to Build Anything Else ( 31:12 – 35:23)
- Mental Toughness (35:23 – 41:38)
Here’s how to make sure you never miss an episode:
- Rate & review us to tell us what you’re loving and help us to reach more listeners.
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to stay up to date on Chalk Talk updates. Use use #PLT4MChalkTalk to connect with us!
Have an idea or topic you would like us to cover? Feel free to send us along a suggestion!