- PE Teacher Advisor for K-12 Physical Education
- Founders of The Phys Ed Coach
- Recognized as a SHAPE Teacher Of The Year
Chalk Talk – Episode 48 – Professional Development feat. Eric Davolt
Eric Davolt is a Teacher Adviser for k-12 physical education at one of the largest school districts in California. He joins Chalk Talk to discuss what he does as a #PhysEdCoach.
- Meeting Eric Davolt (0:00 – 4:20)
- Teaching Standards Based – “Moving away from rolling the ball to teaching students the value of Physical Education teacher.” (4:20 – 7:00)
- California State Standards – Introducing the framework and encourage teachers to use model lessons when possible. (7:00 – 10:15)
- What other teachers are willing to share. Physical Education Twitter is a POWERFUL tool (10:15 – 11:15)
- Different Resources That Are Available To Teachers (11:15 – 13:00)
- Teachers often learn how to instruct, but not as much assess. Putting on great lesson, but struggling to assess it. (13:00 – 16:20)
- Don’t test fitness, test learning and life long understanding of fitness (16:20 – 19:00)
- Follow state or national standards – use guiding principles – prove student learning (19:00 – 21:40)
- Using Different Models Of Teaching (21:40 – 23:30)
- Often we teach and grade, the way we experienced it as students. Want to try and do the best in changing moving forwad (23:30 – 26:02)
Check out how Physical Education and Athletic Departments partner with PLT4M!
Here’s how to make sure you never miss an episode:
- Find and subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcast, Spotify, and more!
- Rate & review us to tell us what you’re loving and help us to reach more listeners.
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to stay up to date on Chalk Talk updates. Use use #PLT4MChalkTalk to connect with us!
Have an idea or topic you would like us to cover? Feel free to send us along a suggestion!