Chalk Talk – Episode 73 – The Core – The When, Why, & How To Train
Check out how PLT4M can partner with your school!
When people want a stronger core, should they just go do sit ups and crunches?
Coach Bres talks about how the core is much more than the ‘abs’ that many strive to obtain in their daily life and training.
- What is the core? What muscles or body parts are we even talking about? (1:00)
- Talking about the midline, trunk, core as a total group (6:00)
- Not Just ‘Abs’ – Understanding goals past just visual (8:45)
- Stability vs Movement (14:00)
- Bracing – why the core has so much more power than we think (25:00)
- Proof versus Eye Test (29:00)
- Core Endurance, Strength, and Stability (34:00)
- Core Power (40:00)
- Circling It On The Program Map (44:00)
Here’s how to make sure you never miss an episode:
- Rate & review us to tell us what you’re loving and help us to reach more listeners.
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to stay up to date on Chalk Talk updates. Use use #PLT4MChalkTalk to connect with us!
Have an idea or topic you would like us to cover? Feel free to send us along a suggestion!