Meet Craig Cheek
- B.A. Health and Physical Education from Bluffton University
- M.Ed. in Developmental Kinesiology from Bowling Green State University
- Director of Strength and Conditioning at Stephen T. Badin High School since October of 2016
- 11 years as a Division 1 College Strength and Conditioning Coach prior to current job
# 40 – Correcting Movement Faults feat. Craig Cheek
Own It. Be Deliberate. Have Intent. All good words to use in the weight room. But what happens when movements are not up to the standard we want as coaches?
Coach Craig Cheek joins the podcast to talk about how he keeps his athletes moving safely, while not panicking when kids struggle to move exactly how we want them to.
Part 1: Own Your Movements
- Introduction to Craig Cheek – Twitter: @built_by_craig (0:00 – 3:20)
- The Cornocopia of High School S+C – Every Team In The Weight Room (3:20 – 6:14)
- Common Faults Seen In The Weight Room – Corrections and Coaching Cues (6:14 – 10:10)
- Own It, Be Deliberate, or Intent – Making Light Bulbs Click With Your Words (10:10 – 13:54) Movement Does Matter – Prove You Can Do It (13:54 – 19:19)
Part 2: The Tweet Heard Round The Weight Room
- Core Stablity, Hinging, Hypermobile (20:00 – 23:50
- Heel Off The Ground – Tweet Referenced Heard Around The World (23:50 – 26:50)
- If You Have A Reason, It Keeps Kids Safe, Do It (26:50 – 30:50)
- What Matters To A High School Kid (30:50 – 34:36)
Here’s how to make sure you never miss an episode:
- Rate & review us to tell us what you’re loving and help us to reach more listeners.
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to stay up to date on Chalk Talk updates. Use use #PLT4MChalkTalk to connect with us!
Have an idea or topic you would like us to cover? Feel free to send us along a suggestion!